The main retained element of historic fabric is the external elevation walls and these are to be retained. Sinclair Johnston and Partners are the appointed consulting engineers on the principle alterations which comprise of:
- Linking the semi detached houses to form a single residential property
- The removal of the 1960’s staircases and lift shafts and replacement with a new cantilever stone stair and single lift shaft
- The removal of the 1960’s floor construction and replacement with new floors
- The lowering of the front basement vaults to provide improved headroom.
- The reconstruction of the 1960’s subterranean room extension at No. 42 and the chiller compound at No. 41 to suit the new landscape design and as a consequence of the defective brickwork.
- Construction of a new subterranean extension below the garden