The building had deteriorated significantly, and a temporary roof and extensive scaffolding was erected particularly to protect the extensive ornate plaster. Planning and listed building permission was granted to demolish all the later extensions and to completely re-order the interior, close to the original Georgian layout, but this was later abandoned in favour of repairing and reusing the 1875 extensions.
Sinclair Johnston & Partners have advised on all the structural work, demolition, alterations and detailed structural repairs to the complex roofs and floor framings, new stairs, lift and service ducts.
A new fully accessible reinforced concrete service culvert was constructed along the north elevation, with boiler room and extensive fuel stove concealed behind the existing walls of the court yard.
We have also advised on outbuildings and historic features in the surrounding park.